Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
The Battery Design Engineer will be responsible for the mechanical design and engineering of various high voltage and high energy content Battery Packs for Canoo Vehicle applications. The right candidate will support mechanical design of battery packs from concept to production.
- Perform design activities such as concept module development from cell. This includes mechanical, electrical and thermal
- Design of a concept within the vehicle space constraints
- Design for safety and operation of pack- Mechanical structural design
- Integration of electrical systems
- Design of thermal system for battery pack thermal management
- Integrate GR&T, stack up analysis and design for manufacturability and assembly
- Design of HV bus bars and wiring harness
- Manage the Bill of Material
- Manage all change requests
- Create drawings based on parametric CAD models per ANSI and ISO standards
- Design iteration management in close collaboration with all teams
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have excellent understanding of Battery pack housing, structure and cover, module integration, thermal system, integration of E/E components, HV bus bars and system & Wiring harness
- Working experience in the design of injection molded engineering plastics, seals, machining, diecast aluminum, and stamped metal parts.
- Should have experience designing parts requiring joining techniques namely fastening, welding and adhesives
- Strong knowledge in engineering materials. Should have good understanding of different materials and grades
- BSME or BSEE with strong mechanical background
- 3+ years of proven experience in HV battery design
- Very Strong CAD tool skills such as CATIA, SOLIDWORKS etc.
- Strong leadership skills and proactive behaviors
- Familiarity developing a product from concept to production
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Graduate degree in Mechanical or electrical engineering
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.