If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
As a Bill of Materials (BOM) Manager you would be responsible to organize, conduct data analysis, audit the bill of materials, and find ways to make operations more efficient. The role is responsible for having a high level of interaction across all departments to ensure the completion of the bill of materials in a timely, efficient, and detailed manner.
Responsibilities & Goals:
- Responsible for reviewing Bills of Materials and maintaining existing Bills of Materials in Canoo’s PLM system.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the Bills of Materials.
- Responsible for handling change control.
- Become fully competent in using the Bill of Materials maintenance and reports in PLM system.
- Work with Program Managers, Purchasing, Engineering and Manufacturing teams to ensure that the BOM has the correct structure as well as the correct components and quantities in the PLM system.
- Audit Bill of Materials information for accuracy and completeness, specifically: BOM linkages, Routings, BOM types, and shrinkage, etc.
- Become proficient in setting up new options and/or create rules to support various build configurations.
- Assist Purchasing and Engineering as needed in building and/or troubleshooting BOM costs.
- Support engineering and prototype staff during the design and prototype phase of new product development
- Maintain and improve the cost accounting system; ensure procedures are followed for item cost maintenance.
- Prepare weekly reports as required to support production and profit analysis.
- Support accounting, purchasing, and manufacturing during inventories.
- Perform special cost analysis, prepare reports, and other related duties as assigned.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure content of BOM / Timing is always up to date.
- Validate the data and confirm it is aligned with vehicle content, assumptions, and Program milestones.
- Engage with Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Finance teams to resolve issues.
- Prepare executive summaries and escalate issues.
Required Experience (Quantitative):
- Bachelor's degree business or accounting or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with PLM tools and processes.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Bill of Materials.
- Technical knowledge of product structure and processes.
- Proven experience managing complex stakeholder requirements and relationships.
Preferred Experience (Qualitative):
- Strong relationship and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to engineering excellence and data-driven decision making.
- Works well on projects on their own as well as with a team, able to clearly communicate ideas.
- Passionate about the automotive industry.
- Self-driven with a concentration on execution. Likes to be accountable for their own work.
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.