If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on..
The powertrain systems engineer shall be responsible for the powertrain system requirement definition, design integration and validation of the system with an emphasis on safety, regulations, and vehicle performance targets.
- Write and manage vehicle, system, and component requirements related to Powertrain Systems
- Develop and document, cross functional strategies for pedal mapping, power limiting, regen and brake blending, stability control, one pedal driving, etc.
- Manage vehicle communication network database files (DBCs)
- Assist in designing vehicle features and the interfaces between the vehicle controllers
- Coordinate with manufacturing on electrical device testing and End of Line vehicle testing
- Define concept for safe operation including power limiting and torque directionality
- Support the development of the architecture and maintain logical schematics for the system
- Manage deliverables to meet program milestones and support prototype builds
- Responsible for DFMEA, functional safety of the system
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in electrical/mechanical/software engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of systems engineering experience
- Experience with High Voltage System Design, HV batteries, electric motors and inverters
- Expert knowledge of vehicle electrical architecture and fault diagnosis
- Understanding of common vehicle features
- Experience with Vector Software Tools (ie CANalyzer, CANape, CANoe)
- Experience operating HV Power Supplies and measurement tools
- Experience with Requirement database tools (Polarion, DOORS, JAMA, etc)
- Knowledge in vehicle communication protocols such as CAN and LIN and experience in creation of associated communication database files such as DBC and LDF
- Understanding of global automotive homologation requirements
- Experience with HV wiring, hands on work with HV components
- Experience with ISO26262, functional safety
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.