If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Functional Safety Engineer shall be responsible for ensuring the reliability and safety pedigree of Canoo vehicles. They will ensure each system on the Canoo vehicle complies with the Canoo functional safety process, and will develop the supporting reliability modeling, failure analysis, fault handling, and safety requirements accordingly. They will develop and shape the Canoo safety process to ensure it remains robust and efficient.
- Develop a validation strategy for each reliability safety requirement on the vehicle systems
- Build and maintain reliability models for each vehicle system using component and part reliability data and fault tree analyses as applicable
- Develop and maintain component reliability metrics via a combination of test data, vehicle data, supplier data, and part reliability modeling
- Guide failure modes and effects analyses (FMEA) conducted by engineering teams
- Develop simulation capabilities within Canoo as necessary to understand effects of various failures
- Author and maintain all documentation regarding Canoo reliability modeling practices and standards
- Recommend required test and validation activities needed to ensure rigorous understanding of potential failure scenarios of Canoo vehicles
- Interface with Canoo engineering teams and suppliers as necessary to ensure accurate modeling of system behavior and component / part failure rates in reliability models
- Inform engineering trades for future Canoo vehicles with reliability metrics as needed
- Drive all reliability safety requirements through validation and closure
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline (aerospace, mechanical, electrical, etc.) or applied mathematics
- 5+ years of experience working in reliability modeling, failure probability modeling, failures analysis, or safety analysis Experience operating HV Power Supplies and measurement tools
- Project experience including applied statistics, probability modeling, or reliability analysis
- Engineering design experience on complex vehicle systems, such as automotive, aircraft, robotics, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge in mechanical, electrical, and software engineering disciplines
- Understanding of systems engineering principles just as verification, validation, requirements decomposition
- Demonstrated experience with modeling programming languages such as Python, Matlab, Octave, R, or Julia
- Experience with ISO 26262 and ISO/PAS 21448
- Experience developing a system or subsystem from concept to a fielded product, including design, simulation, test, validation
- Experience developing advanced statistics models to estimate likelihood of events or performance of physical systems, such as Bayesian methods, and use of probability density functions and cumulative distribution functions
- Familiarity with industry part failure rate databases and part failure rate models such as Military Handbook 217f analysis
- Experience with common reliability modeling tools such as Sapphire, Medini, Minitab, etc.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.