If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Engineering Business Manager is responsible for a high level of interaction across all departments to ensure program requirements and business unit deliverables are met in a timely, efficient, and detailed manner. This role will report to In Charge of Interiors and help effectively organize and drive programs and activities to support meeting company milestones.
- Creates and manages project requirements, plans, and workflows and directs timelines, communications.
- Manages quality, risks, and identifies roadblocks while defining critical paths, resource constraints, etc.
- Finalize project scope, initial assumptions, and secures project resources
- Monitor budgetary and CAPX spending
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify the success criteria of the project
- Provide insight around potential risks and opportunities, resolve conflict, initiate resolution, and deliver results
- Identify and document all project milestones and deliverables, keep project plans up to date, including resource allocations, tracking hours, monitoring schedules, milestones, deliverables, updating percentage completion, etc.
- Continuously monitor and measure project processes and activities to identify and communicate potential issues, risks, or problems in a timely fashion and provide corrective action options to drive to resolution
- Escalate schedule delays due to issues and risks
- Track and manage change requests to scope
- Hands-on and be able to work directly with nominated Suppliers in ensuring key deliverables/milestones are met
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders/suppliers. Maintain Open Issues lists and ensures effective and on-time closure of such issues.
- Create formal project communication plans key project metrics and dashboards for project status communication
- Bachelor's degree or above in engineering or business management or related field.
- 5+ years of proven experience in delivering complex projects in automotive or engineering industries
- Proven experience in program management and ability to support change
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Interior and/or Exterior trim, plastics, CMF (Colors, Materials, Finish) requirements, fit & finish requirements.
- Experience in managing multiple activities running concurrently and full-service suppliers
- Experience managing complex stakeholder requirements and relationships
- Experience in project management, including related software and tools
- Automotive OEM or T1 Direct experience highly preferred
- Strong relationship and communication skills
- Exposure to Interior or Exterior Trim Systems preferred
- Ability to influence and engage at executive level
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to engineering excellence and data-driven decision making
- Works well on projects on their own as well as with a team, able to clearly communicate ideas
- Hands-on interest in developing a real-world product from concept to production stages
- Passionate about the automotive industry
- Self-driven with a concentration on execution
- Enjoys being accountable for their own work
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Experience with Jira/Confluence
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.