If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
Canoo is building an effective ADAS system for its vehicle program. The goal is to provide an elegant solution over a brute force approach. The team is looking to add more skills to the current team with an engineer who is focused on delivering the sensor hardware to the program.
- Work closely with the ADAS team, low voltage electronics team and ECU team to understand the specific requirements for optimal integration of electromechanical ADAS components
- Understand the sensor technology well enough to package in the vehicle to meet the feature requirement
- Design Release for components including all elements of hardware and software
- Lead cross-functional collaborations with other vehicle teams as needed to develop an efficient integration strategy for electromechanical ADAS components to meet all system requirements
- Support cross-functional teams to provide solutions to integration issues as needed to ensure vehicle attributes and timing are maintained
- Ensure all integrations/implementations meet Canoo DFM, DFS and quality standards.
- Create and maintain 3D and 2D data to support, product development and release deadlines
- Responsible for release for electromechanical ADAS components, ensuring that all Canoo design targets are met
- Develops technical specification as well as statement of requirements as required
- Create detailed component level and support system level DFMEA and DVP&R documentation
- Support all phases of Beta, Gamma and production launch builds as needed to ensure smooth launch
- Provide technical support for advanced technology development
- Document product issues, identify RC, develop ICA and PCA in a timely manner to ensure testing and development deadlines can be maintained
- Professional experience in electronic component design
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Knowledge of software development as it pertains to engineering preferred
- Technical understanding and familiarity with automotive industry standards that covers environmental, mechanical, electrical aspects of validation
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- S/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ year of experience with 3D CAD use (CATIA V5 or V6 preferred).
- Experience with automotive electronic modules and sensors
- Experience in computer vision, pattern recognition, machine learning (deep learning), artificial intelligence and image processing
- Experience with computational platforms for machine vision and sensor fusion
- Experience in Design/Development of Safety Critical Systems/Components
- Experience in automotive network protocols such as CAN and Ethernet
- DFSS Certification
- Software Controls experience
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.