We’re looking for a Thermal CFD Engineer with excellent skills in Fluid Dynamic and Heat Transfer to support the development of Canoo’s Thermal System from initial concept phase to successful vehicle launch.
If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Thermal CFD Engineer is responsible for developing full 3D CFD numerical models for the purposes of thermal analysis across any heat generating components of Canoo vehicles.
· Develop full 3D CFD models from a clean sheet. Models to consist of, but not limited to:
· HVAC & Cabin comfort
· Powertrain cooling
· Fans, refrigerant and air-cooling systems
· Air handling
· Thermal management
· Develop trade-off studies for thermal management solutions consisting of, but not limited to
· Natural convection
· Forced convection
· Air & Liquid cooled
· Multi-phase cooled
· 10+ years’ experience in automotive product development
· Automotive CFD simulation of thermal components and systems
· Fluid mechanics and heat transfer in automotive systems including laminar and turbulent flow as well as convection, conduction and radiation
· Experienced in using STAR-CCM+ or alternative commercial CFD codes for conjugate heat transfer analysis
· Capabilities of meshing large assemblies (1000+ part count), java scripting, running and debugging jobs on clusters
· Experience with multi-physics and multi-phase steady state and transient simulations
· Extensive experience in hybrid/electric vehicle thermal systems
· Startup experience is a plus
What's Cool About Working Here...
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.