If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Battery Test Technician supports battery test engineers in the development, setup, and execution of high voltage battery tests.
- Assist in the development of detailed DVP&R plans
- Write detailed test procedures
- Execute test procedures: hands-on in the lab, working with high voltage battery modules and packs
- Post process data and publish test reports in a timely manner, to support the product development cycle
- Update DVPR with test execution dates and links to reports
- Design fixtures to help facilitate test execution
- Ensure all product issues are identified, logged, and tracked using Jira (Jira training will be provided)
- Keep lab stocked. Technician is responsible for tracking inventory of the consumable goods and re-ordering when necessary
- Keep lab organized and ensuring tools/materials are returned to their proper location
- Setup and maintain an Equipment Calibration Program for all test equipment in the lab
- Good communication with the rest of the organization when issues/failures arise
- Experience with battery safety standards (UN 38.3, SAE J2464, SAE J2929, etc.)
- Experience working with lithium-ion battery cells in large-format, high voltage applications
- Familiarity with materials, processes and technologies for battery safety and thermal management
- Familiarity with automotive industry standards that covers environmental, mechanical, electrical aspects of validation
- Familiarity with CAN communications
- Experienced in troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Works well with team members: Test Technicians work/collaborate closing with the Battery Test Engineers and Battery Design Engineers
- Experience with high voltage battery systems
- Experience with battery cyclers and hooking up a battery system to a cycler is a plus
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.