Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
Develop algorithms to support ADAS systems and bring the latest techniques to the ADAS team.
- Understand the state-of-the-art CV/ML models/algorithms for rapid prototyping
- Develop and implement CV/ML algorithms include but not limited to object detection, multiple object tracking, semantic segmentation, cuboid detection, head pose estimation, gaze estimation, event recognition, localization and mapping, and structure from motion
- Conduct testing and validation of algorithms/models/modules
- Participate in data collection, preprocessing, labeling, testing, and analysis for CV/ML models/algorithms
- Participate in product development life cycle of ADAS: requirements, architect/design, implementation, testing, and deployment to target embedded platforms
- Master's degree in CS/EE or a related technical field
- 2+ years industry experience in at least one the followings: camera perception for ADAS/AD, localization and mapping, event recognition, DMS, 3D computer vision, or robotics
- Examples of open-source projects or top conference/journal publications
- Strong proficiency in C++ and Python
- Familiarity with PyTorch or TensorFlow deep learning frameworks
- Self-motivated, comfortable operating without direct supervision
- Strong written and verbal communications
- PhD degree in CS/EE or a related technical field
- Experience in automotive industry
- Experience in deploying and optimizing models on embedded platforms
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.