If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
We are looking for a lead to help build our applications support team that has a startup work ethic and experience supporting applications in a fast-paced environment.
Our goal is to leverage modern technologies and methodologies to create a mix of cloud and local infrastructures that mesh to form a lean development environment.
- Lead the Application Systems team
- Design new processes and procedures
- Provide hands on application systems development experience when needed
- Manage multiple complex enterprise and productions applications in both cloud and on-premise environments
- Provide support for CI/CD of production applications
- 5+ years of experience leading, managing, maintaining and implementing environments for complex horizontally scaled applications
- Experience in software engineering, release engineering and/or configuration management.
- Experience with continuous integration systems (Jenkins or build bot)
- CI/CD, builds & testing
- Familiarity with software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems
- Experience with code signing and build management tools (make, SCons, ant)
- Experience building C embedded systems
- Jenkins, git, docker, kubernetes, AWS experience
- Knowledge of structured and unstructured data sources
- Knowledge of SQL databases (RDS, MySQL, etc)
- Knowledge of noSQL (mongo or dynamodb)
- Knowledge of network architectures and network security
- Network services like DNS, DHCP, HTTP, VPN, TCP/IP, and routing experience
- Experience working with AWS and serverless architectures or other cloud providers
- Ability to create, manage, and maintain disaster recovery in alternate regions
- Experience with software and application lifecycle management and integration
- Experience with multiple enterprise software suites and software development frameworks
- Experience with a start-up or lean high growth businesses
- Technology/automotive businesses
- Prior Application support and/or Dev/Ops engineering experience on an enterprise scale
- Great relationship building and priority management skills
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.