If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The development test engineer’s purpose is to continuously improve test capabilities of the Canoo battery laboratory through the development of new hard and soft tools to support testing. The development test engineer will also design and execute tests to explore battery boundary conditions and in general support the day-to-day operations of the battery lab. This is an in-lab and hands-on position; we are looking for engineers with previous experience in a design or test engineer environment.
- Support battery testing activities such as Performance, Reliability, Safety, and Regulatory Tests
- Develop detailed test plans for battery systems and components based on vehicle technical specifications, exploratory test requests and industry standards
- Perform developmental test cases to explore boundary performance of battery systems
- Creation of automated test scripts to validate battery features and functions
- Record and analyze test data, document test findings and support root cause analysis and issue resolution efforts
- Develop in-house software and hardware tools required to monitor battery systems safely and consistently during testing
- Design Tests Harnesses and Test Fixtures for battery testing
- Select and create specifications for components, tools, and setups to conduct various battery tests
- Manage the vehicle validation process activities during the product design lifecycle from product concept to production launch
- Specify data collection requirements and ensure test setups and test equipment gather specified data
- Keep a clean and organized lab
- Maintain a zero-incident laboratory track record
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical/mechatronics/software engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years previous experience in design or test engineering environment, automotive is a plus
- Knowledge in vehicle communication protocols such as CAN, LIN and isoSPI
- Experience with CAN Communication tools (i.e. CANAlyzer, CANoe, CANape)
- Hand-on experience operating HV Power Supplies, thermal chambers, and measurements tools (sensors, oscilloscope, data acquisition systems)
- Experience creating schematics and designing fixtures for testing
- Experience creating automation and data analysis scripts (C, Python, VBA, Arduino)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Good written and verbal communication with ability to create effective, data-driven reports
- Good problem-solving, trouble-shooting skills
- Strong drive to learn, willingness to ask questions & take initiative
- Familiarity with ISO26262, functional safety
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.