If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
- Design, development, implementation, testing and calibration of powertrain and battery thermal control algorithms for electrical vehicle.
- Specification and development of requirements related to the thermal control functions.
- Provide feedback and assistance to other systems requiring thermal controls support including: powertrain controls development, battery management system development, HVAC controls development.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to support thermal system testing, software testing and validation.
- Knowledge of classic and modern control techniques including PID controller, state space observer and control methods, Kalman filter, etc.
- Simulation of electric vehicle thermal systems for attribute estimation and controls development
- Develop test plans for validation of thermal software functions including on-vehicle testing.
- Bachelors degree in mechanical, electrical or software engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience preferred
- Experience using Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow for control algorithm development for real time implementation.
- Thermal systems knowledge: Radiator Fans, Water Pumps, Refrigerant Systems
- Electric vehicle systems knowledge: High voltage Battery, Traction Inverter, Electric Motor
- Experience with in-vehicle loggers: Vector, intrepid or similar
- Experience with software analysis tools: Vector CANoe, CANalyzer, vsignalizer, CANape, JIRA, GIT
- Experience with log file analysis and root case identification of software issues in vehicle
- Requirement management systems experience: Jama, Doors or Polarion
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.