We’re looking for a Senior Thermal Design and Release Engineer with extensive experience HVAC and Cooling from initial concept phase to successful vehicle launch
If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Senior Thermal Design and Release Engineer will be responsible for the development and validation of Thermal components of Canoo’s Lifestyle Vehicle, Pick Up Truck and Multi Purpose Delivery Vehicle. This position requires an extremely technical oriented individual with a dynamic sense of urgency and communication skills to meet the project needs and development timing. The Senior DRE will be fully responsible for delivering Thermal components in line with program timing. A high level of CAD skills as well as experience in HVAC and Cooling Systems are essential for this role.
· Develop HVAC and Cooling related components from first concept to successful production launch
· Utilization of 3D / 2D CAD & PLM Systems (Catia V6/3D Experience)
· Development of detailed GD&T, DVP&R plans, and DFMEAs
· Management of build to print components as well as supplier management for joint developments
· Constant improvements and optimization regarding performance, mass, and cost
· Good communication with the rest of the organization throughout the development process
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
· 8+ years of experience with automotive HVAC and Thermal management systems
· Experience with Electric Vehicle HVAC and cooling systems preferred
· Strong communication skills and proven ability to present results and recommendations to multidisciplinary teams
· Technical understanding and familiarity with automotive industry standards, including environmental, mechanical, and electrical performances
· Experience in understanding and interpreting CFD and 1D thermal simulation results
· Experience in troubleshooting and root cause analysis
What's Cool About Working Here...
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.