If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Materials Management Specialist is responsible for proper inventory control, accuracy, and management of inventory-related functions for all manufacturing and warehouse locations. You will maintain product data, rectify miscalculations, review and analyze the results of operations, report findings to management, and make recommendations as necessary throughout the facility as it pertains to inventoried products.
- Manage all cycle counting and full inventory functions at all manufacturing and warehouse locations and report to Accounting and auditors
- Work closely with Manufacturing to review daily inventory transactions to ensure proper utilization of the ERP system and production orders are managed properly to reduce variances
- Responsible for inventory analysis to identify slow-moving inventory and expired inventory situations and work with Sales and Distribution on proper processes to address
- Work closely with Manufacturing and Planning to effectively manage all rework inventory
- Collaborate with Purchasing, Planning, Logistics, and Accounting to ensure inventory is accurately handled within all areas
- Identify issues within various processes that lead to issues with inventory accuracy and works with stakeholders to create procedures and protocols to address the issues and improve our inventory performance
- Work closely with Accounting to ensure that the P&L impact of all inventory transactions is understood and managed properly
- Responsible for reporting out on all inventory metrics for all applicable areas of responsibility
- Deliver and distribute raw material and product to manufacturing per a prescribed kitting and replenishment plan
- High school diploma or GED, college education a plus
- Excellent organizational skill, material stocking, identification, and record keeping
- 10 years of experience in inventory management
- Previous experience as an inventory clerk and/or warehouse lead
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to accommodate change to scope, timeline, or focus without sacrificing execution
- Adept at communicating technical information to non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, product designs, safety, quality, and workflow needs
- Ability to work on multiple projects within the same day
- Must have the ability to follow directions, work independently and with minimal supervision
- Works with a flexible schedule and demonstrates effective time management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Available for all shifts and extended hours: work schedule may vary depending on business needs and flexibility is required
- Automotive and/or battery industry experience preferred
- Warehouse, receiving, or shipping experience is preferred
- Proven ability to manage, launch, and achieve standardization practices using process improvement tools
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.