If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
Evaluates, selects, and manages suppliers for serial production parts of a specialized and complex nature. Engages Suppliers to cultivate relationships and to maintain positive standing in the industry. Manages RFI/RFQ process, including preparation of all requirements and Statements of Work. Analyzes supplier RFI/RFQ responses in comparison to applicable success criteria. Monitors Supplier performance and manages gaps. Works with area Commodity Manager and Project Manager to execute strategies to meet project schedules and financial targets. This position requires knowledge of Procurement and Manufacturing principles as well as the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Represents Canoo to Suppliers, provides project updates and interprets Canoo company procedures such as RFI/RFQ process
- Works with Canoo team members to prepare comprehensive RFI/RFQ packages comprised of key elements, including Statements of Work, RASIC agreements, and technical specifications
- Manages RFI/RFQ process with suppliers to ensure consistency in assumptions, to allow for fair relative comparison
- Reviews supplier RFI/RFQ responses and works with Suppliers to confirm completeness and clarity
- Analyzes supplier RFI/RFQ responses in comparison to applicable success criteria, including financial analysis and strategy alignment
- Works with Canoo team members to construct approval package for leadership consideration prior to Business Award. Approval package will include objective evaluation of key elements such as cost, quality & delivery
- Organizes and maintains relative data pertaining to costs, budgets, sourcing activities and supplier performance
- Prepares and delivers presentations to leadership team regarding plans, status, sourcing, and spend decisions
- Monitors suppliers' performance and works with Supplier and Canoo team members to quickly address & resolve gaps.
- Works with Canoo team members to refine and execute sourcing and negotiation strategies with Suppliers.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 4 years of Procurement experience; Or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with the commodity considered
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and data-driven decision making
- Works well on projects on their own as well as with a team, able to clearly communicate ideas
- Self-driven with a concentration on execution. Likes to be accountable for their own work
- Knowledge of Procurement principles, including strategic sourcing and legal aspects of purchasing
- Knowledge of EV and Automotive supply base
- Knowledge of materials, products, manufacturing processes, and market conditions in area of specialization
- Skill in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications and bids
- Skill to understand supplier cost breakdown and challenge supplier assumptions based on understanding of manufacturing processes
- Skill in complex communications, such as negotiation and problem resolution
- Knowledge of purchasing systems such as SAP, Oracle
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.