If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
- Design and development of Body-in-White system to meet vehicle requirements (function, cost, weight)
- Develop the architecture and propose alternative engineer solutions for battery pack structure and suspension interface
- Work on cross-functional teams (Suspension, Powertrain, Manufacturing, and Interior) to develop efficient designs and leading the integration of interfacing components
- Interact with CAE team and interpret results to meet all Regulatory, Safety, NVH, Deflection and Fatigue requirements
- Development of DFMEA, DVP&Rs and GD&T documentation
- Manage deliverables for all program milestones including cost and timing
- Support testing, prototype build, and launch activities
- Coordinate with manufacturing group on mass production assembly solutions, assembly sequence, and part feasibility
- Own a portion of the underbody design
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to deliver vehicle structural performance, packaging, mass, cost and timing targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- 5-10 years of BiW Design experience
- Experience with CATIA to develop complex 3D surfacing and solid models
- Expert knowledge of BiW architecture and construction
Understanding of vehicle crash, stiffness, and NVH
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start-up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.