If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
Mechanical lead in the design, development, and integration of vehicle lighting.
- General DRE responsibilities included but not limited to component and system requirements, vehicle behaviors, vehicle attributes, Hara and functional safety, regulatory requirements, quality requirements, hardware requirements, GD&T, DFEMA, DVP etc.
- Work closely with studio/design, body/exteriors/interiors/electrical/software/manufacturing engineering groups to develop elegant and efficient EV lighting solutions.
- Detailed lens and housing CAD development considering injection molding of plastics, die draws and draft definitions
- Detailed attachment strategy design and development considering injection molding of plastics, die draws and draft definitions
- General interface design and development with neighboring parts
- General estimates as well as specific calculations/definition to support Mechanical Part Definitions., including but not limited to mass, GD&T, fastener choice, material choice, material thickness, draft, die draws, etc.
- Support optical engineer in packaging feasibility vs. homologation studies
- Proficient with CAD, preferably Catia V6
- 5+ years of mechanical design experience in the automotive industry
- Mechanical design experience with molded plastic components
- Optical/Lighting background not required, but the candidate should have general knowledge of automotive interior/exterior lighting systems.
- MS or BS in Engineering
- Creative mindset
- Self-motivated, independent
- High attention to detail
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.