If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
We are seeking an experienced attorney who will be responsible for providing legal advice to various Canoo business groups. This role requires a dynamic self-starter with strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills, and high ethical standards. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad responsibility.
- Draft, review, negotiate and interpret a variety of commercial contract agreements, including but not limited to master service agreements, statements of work, purchasing terms and conditions, development agreements, consulting agreements, NDAs, intellectual property and technology contracts, and other service and commercial agreements
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to internal stakeholders to ensure commercial agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes
- Provide legal advice for employment, labor, and benefits matters
- Serving as legal resource for corporate governance matters and participating in the development and implementation of corporate governance policies and procedures
- Supporting the General Counsel in advising the Board of Directors on corporate governance and improving Board processes and practices, including the preparation of Board materials, minutes, and governance policy updates
- Provide training on substantive legal topics that are require or relevant for the business
- Assist with other legal issues, including litigation, investigations, compliance, and equity related matters, as needed
- JD degree with strong academic credentials
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including experience in a law firm or in-house tech environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills, with ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Experience scaling legal processes and policies for a rapidly growing organization
- Strong willingness to take ownership of projects, and to pitch in where you see opportunity to add perspective and value to an issue
- Ability to work independently and with minimal oversight while being a collaborative member of the team
- Understanding of key business issues and challenges, with experience working directly with key stakeholders throughout an organization including senior leadership, finance, marketing and HR
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.