If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on..
The Wire Harness Design Release Engineer (DRE) is responsible for product development of low voltage vehicle wiring harnesses. You will be fully responsible for delivering the harnesses in line with program timing. The ideal candidate is extremely technically oriented with the dynamic sense of urgency and communication skills to meet project needs and development timing and will have Automotive or Aerospace wire harness design experience.
- Design and develop Automotive wire harnesses
- Translate System Schematics into wiring diagrams and harnesses
- Work with purchasing department on creating RFQ
- Write Technical Specifications related to harnesses including wiring sizing selection with voltage drop calculations
- Regularly meet with and build a great communication channel with the supplier to track the product status
- Review Device Transmittal (DT) submitted by all module groups and update them
- Review the CAD 3D Model and 2D prints for accuracy
- Create the 3D CAD to properly route the harnesses and define the attachment mechanism and attachment points using Catia V6
- Create the 2D CAD wire harness print
- Work with packaging team to package and route the harnesses into the vehicle
- Provide technical support to manufacturing partner for various build phases and work to manufacturing schedule
- Work with prototype and production suppliers
- Support end of line test development and reworks during each manufacturing phase
- Work with cross-functional module groups
- Review the DFMEA/PFMEA with supplier and provide the input Support SQA in supplier APQP and PPAP process
- Support Certification, Safety, and Vehicle Integration Groups Support other wiring engineers and coordinate the changes
- Represent Electrical Group in packaging meetings related to wiring harnesses
- Stay up-to-date with the latest wiring/connector standards
- Meet all MRD dates, delivering high quality harnesses in line with program timing
- Visiting supplier’s plant to become familiar with their manufacturing process
- Able and willing to travel to supplier site when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years Automotive or Aerospace related “wiring harness” experience at either OEM or Tier-1 supplier level
- Knowledge of checking: Device Transmittal, System Schematics, Wiring Diagrams, and harnesses for accuracy
- Experience with 3D and 2D CAD software applications
- Preferred experience with Catia V6 and Mentor Capital
- Knowledge of DFMEA and DVP&R
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.