If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Attribute Lead for Service & Repairability will work with design and engineering teams as well as other stakeholders to refine and drive our product designs for service and repairability.
- Review and assess CAD designs as to their serviceability & repairability, identifying areas of opportunities for improvement
- Champion design consideration of the full product lifecycle, from first to last customer
- Work with cross-functional teams to meet serviceability & repairability goals
- Provide insight around potential risks and opportunities, resolve conflict, initiate resolution, and deliver results
- Identify and document all project deliverables and the timing of those milestones within an overall program framework, including resource allocation planning
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders/suppliers
- Maintain Open Issues lists and ensures effective and on time closure of such issues
- Create formal project communication plans key project metrics and dashboards for project status communication
- 5+ years of proven experience in delivering complex projects in automotive or engineering industries
- Catia V6 (V5 minimum)
- Proven experience in design for service and design for repair
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of the automotive design cycle & design problem solving processes
- Experience managing complex stakeholder requirements and relationships
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline preferred
- Knowledge of Battery Electric Vehicle architecture with detailed understanding of Powertrain, HV Battery, Chassis, Body, and LV systems and an understanding of vehicle firmware
- Solid relationship and communication skills with ability to influence at peer and leadership levels
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to engineering excellence and data-driven decision making
- Hands-on interest in developing a real-world product from concept to production and end of life stages
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, displays a high level of maturity, ability to work as a member of a small but nimble team, ability to work in a self-directed manner, and adjust to constant directional changes typical of a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.