If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Workshop Manager is responsible for leading the workshop technicians and ensuring our test fleet, benchmark vehicles, and company owned vehicles are maintained and safe for use.
- Manage, prioritize, and delegate requests for technician support needs for various activities
- Schedule technician workflow to configure, set-up, and maintain of our test vehicle fleet for safe operation
- Spec out, manage, and maintain workshop equipment and tools
- Integrate the activities of tracking technician manpower assignments & total bandwidth utilization, vehicle and test article configurations, component serial numbers, software versions for historical record keeping within an all new Test Lifecycle software tool
- Oversee Fleet Management of Test Vehicles, and company own vehicle assets and create the check in/out utilization of all fleet vehicles and their key assignment
- Source test workshop equipment, tool boxes, hand tools, supplies and consumables
- Manage vehicle setups and inspections prior to vehicles shipping outbound for tests, as well as post-test inspections and vehicle teardowns at the conclusion of tests
- Plan out travel and shipping logistics for technicians, vehicles, components, tools, and equipment for off-site and remote test operations
- Recruit new full-time and contract technician talent and grow a strong and unified team culture
- Create and maintain a World-class, tour-worthy workshop facility in appearance and organization and implement 5S practices
- Provide daily written and verbal status as to completion/readiness of the entire test vehicle fleet and track KPI’s
- Automotive Technical degree preferred such as an associate degree in automotive technology or having multiple ASE certifications
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience as an automotive technician, EV/HV experience preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time
- Extensive knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles, including EV (Electric Vehicle) or HV (High Voltage) systems
- Knowledge of Battery Electric Vehicle architecture with an understanding of Powertrain, Battery, Chassis, Body, and 12Volt systems and an understanding of vehicle firmware
- Ability to operate diagnostic scan tools, scopes, meters, and other test equipment tools
- Hands on ability to operate a variety of hand tools, power tools, and vehicle workshop tools in servicing automobiles
- Ability to perform light duty fabrication project work as required with use of drill press, sheet metal tools, and various hand tools
- Low voltage vehicle wiring (12v system and component integration)
- Ability to work as a member of a small nimble team and work in a self-directed manner
- Must be able to manage changing priorities and balance workload
- Maintain a professional appearance of both self and workspace within a vehicle workshop
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.