Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
The Canoo IT Department is looking for an Oracle Manufacturing Analyst who will support in the areas of best practices and solutions to improve, streamline and standardize the company processes. This position plans, designs, oversees development, and deploys efficient systems in support of core organizational functions and company processes. The Manufacturing Analyst will work closely with the manufacturing and supply chain teams. In this role, you will also work with the IT team to support, design and implement various data solutions.
You’ll work directly with the team in our Justin, TX office and collaborate with leaders across a wide range of functions including sales, marketing, post sales, product, manufacturing, finance, operations, and HR. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn from many experts across a number of functional and technical disciplines.
- Learn, evaluate, analyze, and understand the current state of the business processes
- Use knowledge of best practices and functional expertise within the assigned business areas to drive improvement in the organization through technology and business process redesign
- Participate in the support/analysis/resolution of critical production application issues to protect end users' ability to run the business
- Actively participate in all phases of the project and change control processes, including requirements gathering and translation, analysis, documentation of functional and technical design specifications, solution design, development oversight, testing, training, and implementation
- Understand, validate, and document business needs, distinguish between needs and wants, identify gaps between business needs and standard business system functionality, design specification for developers as appropriate
- Develop, document, and fully execute test plans to assess the integrity and accuracy of processes, module functionality setups and modifications, enhancements/customizations, and patches
- Identify/document tasks/deliverables, create project schedules, assign tasks, perform project oversight, and provide project status
- Work with management/team members/users to ensure projects stay on schedule and negotiate/adjust resources and priorities
- Help to establish team priorities based on statutory requirements, financial impact, and operational impact to the business
- Partner with business and technology leaders to help solve Canoo’s most difficult challenges, transform mindsets, unlock capabilities, and map the path to the next normal
- Foster the spirit of people development, collaboration, and continuous improvement consistent with Canoo core values
- Create and monitor strategic metrics to support assessment of progress against the IT strategy, vision, and overall operations
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Business, Information Technology, and Engineering, or related field or equivalent practical experience
- Planning/Sourcing system implementation, configuration, and improvements (Such as Oracle, JDA) required
- 3+ years of manufacturing, supply chain, or equivalent management experience in a fast-paced, discrete, multi-process environment.
- At least 4 years of experience in IT
- 3+ years’ experience in ERP (Oracle) and MES systems
- Strong work ethic with flexibility and adaptability to change
- Intellectual agility – the ability to learn and act on new information quickly and efficiently
- Strong communication as demonstrated through the presentation of strategy to different levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communications including content creation through various mediums
- MS/MBA with 8+ years of work experience
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of automotive/technology development, manufacturing operations, and industrial dynamics
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.