If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
We are looking for a CMF Designer who is passionate about materials and material based design who enjoys diversity of projects, is self-motivated, and is inspired by design.
- Ability to ideate, visualize, and develop design proposals for colors, materials, and finishes for concept and production program vehicles
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and vendors, which includes identifying new resources for materials to ensure innovative designs
- Ability to create effective communication tools to convey concept, theme, color and research ideas to send to suppliers and to present to management
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams: engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, craftsmanship, marketing to execute design concept into production
- Ability to perform color tuning and material mastering to ensure consistency of colors and materials production
- Ability to oversee and maintain the CMF library
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Textile Design, Color and Material Design, or similar design field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of CMF experience, preferably within the automotive OEM space
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office
- High color acuity
- Up to 30% travel( domestic and international)
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.