Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
ADAS Engineer Feature Software Integration works with external development partners and integrates the code to implement a full feature into the domain controller of our ADAS system as per the software architecture. He or she is responsible for deriving the software requirements to be consumed by internal and external development teams while ensuring support from the systems engineering and algorithms teams.
- Develop Software component integration plan working closely with internal and external software development teams
- Work with the scrum master to create the backlog of tasks for new features and plan tasks for each sprint
- Properly documenting development with software requirements
- Work with the test and validation team to verify functional operation to technical specification
- Work with all stakeholders to integrate final design into the vehicle or subsystem
- Assist in the development of detailed DVP&R plans, including statistical confidence intervals
- Ensure all product issues are identified, logged, tracked, and resolved during each testing phase
- Effectively communicate with the rest of the organization when issues or failures arise
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Expertise in MATLAB/SIMULINK and C++ programming
- Experience in Software integration of a large code base
- Experience in embedded programming for automotive
- Experience with POSIX compliant OS
- Experience in data structures and advanced algorithms
- Knowledge of supervised machine learning algorithms, Kalman filters, and controls algorithms
- Self-motivated and comfortable operating without direct supervision
- Professional experience in ADAS or autonomous driving applications
- Demonstrated performance in a position requiring engineering technical excellence
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 3+ years managerial level experience
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness and able to manage and escalate issues to management
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Automotive OEM experience plus Tier-1 supplier interactions
- Occasional travel required
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.