If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Reliability Engineer is responsible for setting the component, system, and vehicle level reliability goals that each engineering team is designing to and provides cross-functional technical guidance to make sure we achieve those goals. In this role, you will interpret what reliability means to our customers and translate that into actionable and testable requirements.
- Define system & component level reliability requirements and targets for our vehicles and disseminate them into requirements for subsystems
- Determine how to validate reliability requirements using test plans, such as DVP&R’s, for test execution as well as simulation and analysis methods
- Provide guidance on test sample size requirements and durations for reliability testing using lifetime models and reliability statistics.
- Serve as a technical expert to the design engineering community on Design for Reliability and Influence design decisions and trade-offs for new product designs by applying reliability analysis to uncover potential risks and opportunities early in the design process
- Lead Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis process (DFMEA) for several vehicle systems to capture the reliability performance risks and identify the appropriate risk mitigation activities
- Use reliability targets, risk information from DFMEAs, and reliability physics of failure to work with validation engineers in developing virtual and physical test plans to prove the designs and demonstrate the required reliability performance
- Facilitate failure analysis investigations to understand root cause and drive resolution of failures occurring during product development
- After product launch, research unique field failure mechanisms to build more robust validation plans and influence design choices, and apply reliability lessons learned to enable continuous improvement
- Masters-level engineering or similar technical degree
- 10 years experience in Reliability Engineering
- ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer or similar professional recognition preferred
- An understanding of ISO 26262 Functional Safety
- Knowledge of Battery Electric Vehicle architecture with a detailed understanding of Powertrain, Battery, Chassis, Body, and 12Volt systems and an understanding of vehicle firmware
- Detailed understanding of automotive systems, typical failure modes, and test methods
- Deep understanding of reliability data analysis and risk assessment, and how to develop component reliability targets based on functional safety and business objectives
- Experience in failure mode assessment accelerated reliability testing and advanced field reliability monitoring concepts
- Personable with the ability to lead and coach a high caliber engineering team toward world-class levels of reliability/dependability
- Proven ability to identify and solve complex engineering problems
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.