If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The SW Operations Back-End Engineer is responsible for helping design and maintain internal SW applications that help in software/hardware release and developing automation through software.
- Work on building API servers using Flask, to integrate with other web services
- Develop and maintain highly reliable and scalable web services
- Create automation using python or other scripting languages
- Work on developer efficiency tools
- Understand product requirements, engage with team members and customers to define solutions, and estimate the scope of work required
- Deliver solutions that can keep up with a rapidly evolving product in a timely fashion
- Experience/Expertise in Python
- Proficiency with Flask/Django
- Creating and working with custom python pip packages
- 2+ years of experience on working on Python projects
- Experience with cloud services, such as AWS
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining REST-ful APIs
- Experience with one or more front-end frameworks such as React
- Experience in automotive software development and release
- Experience in building highly available production services, including deployment automation, infrastructure-as-code, monitoring, and scaling
- Good understanding of containers, build systems, and infrastructure automation
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.