If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
On the battleground between world-class design and perfection in engineering you are the negotiator – your job is to enable our vision with as little compromise to either Design, Engineering, or Usability. You are an excellent diplomat, with fantastic spoken and written communication skills, able to quickly and efficiently explain technical concepts to colleagues of various backgrounds. You have an absolute passion for design and pushing the automotive industry to where the electric vehicle revolution will allow it to go.
- Provide guidance to Design and Engineering on interior and exterior feasibility
- Create master sections to accelerate the development process
- Have a good understanding of automotive component packaging requirements across all departments
- Provide guidance to Design on dynamic systems, such as glass drop, closures sweeps, wheel travel, and their effect on associated geometry, cutlines and craftmanship
- Identify manufacturing strategies that enable design vision, as well as advise Design on considerations required for common automotive manufacturing processes
- Develop prototypes, bucks, and fixtures utilizing hand and rapid manufacturing methods
- Utilize CAD (preferably Catia V6) to review, create and organize information from and for Design and Engineering
- Advise on homologation requirements for both ECE, FMVSS and GB standards, including but not limited to Lighting, Vision, Exterior Projections, Safety
- Occupant Packaging including basics of ergonomics, such as reach, comfort clearances, visual obscuration, direct and indirect vision, ingress/egress, cargo requirements, and loading. Knowledge of packages such as RAMSIS or OPTIS are a plus.
- Lead benchmarking activities in order to ensure targets are competitive/class-leading
- Understand and advise on program management for engineering & design activities, such as timing for prototype builds, production tooling, etc.
- 4 Years Design Studio experience at an OEM
- 6 Years Relevant Automotive experience
- Highly Proficient in Catia V5 (Catia V6/3D Experience preferred)
- 4 Year Higher Education Qualification in a relevant field (Engineering, Industrial Design, Product Design, Automotive Design)
- Great knowledge of automotive landscape, particularly as it pertains to Electric Vehicles
- Creative mindset
- Self-motivated, independent
- High attention to detail
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.