If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Chief Engineer of Vehicle Attributes has overall responsibility of all Vehicle Attributes as the authoritative voice of the customer for our Canoo products. The Chief Engineer will manage the overall vehicle attributes performance and manage a team of Attribute Lead Engineers, who are each responsible for the performance of their primary attribute, in order to successfully deliver a fully integrated product.
- Create, recruit, and implement all new vehicle attributes organization structure
- Help to establish Canoo’s Brand Identity for development of our products
- Manage the creation of vehicle level performance targets based on benchmarking data, customer desires, product requirements, and homologation requirements for Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary Attributes
- Oversee Benchmarking activities of competitor sets for performance target references
- Participate and oversee real-world evaluations & collect jury feedback to feed into Voice of the Customer and confirm attribute performance
- Conduct Attribute hierarchy prioritization based on weighting assessments to ensure attributes are balanced to intended program scope
- Oversee the creation of DVP&R's for the validation attribute performance
- Manage Issues/Concerns when performance to attribute targets aren't met
- Propose recommendations for product improvements and detail how changes impact on the end product
- Weekly report out development status and track KPI's
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or similar, Master's degree preferred
- 15+ years of Vehicle Attributes management, with experience in Vehicle Dynamics, NVH, or Test engineering preferred
- Advanced skillset with MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, Atlassian JIRA, and Siemens Polarion, and ability to quickly learn new program management software tools
- Possess in depth knowledge of automotive product development, including creating requirements, DVPs, DFMEA, GD&T, component, and vehicle testing, and other fundamental system engineering principles
- General knowledge of Battery Electric Vehicle architecture with understanding of Powertrain, Battery, Chassis, Body, and 12Volt systems and an understanding of vehicle software controls
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering teams
- Proven ability to identify and solve complex problems
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.