If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Program Manager will effectively lead, organize and drive programs and activities to support meeting company milestones. The role is responsible for having a high level of interaction across all departments to ensure requirements are met in a timely, efficient, and detailed manner.
- Lead, manage, define, implement, and drive project requirements, workflows and plans while managing timelines, communications, quality, risks, uncovering roadblocks, defining critical paths, identifying resource constraints, and any other issues that arise
- Review and finalize project scope, define initial assumptions, and secure project resources
- Monitor budgetary and CAPX spend
- Lead and work with cross-functional teams to identify the success criteria of the project
- Provide insight around potential risks and opportunities, resolve conflict, initiate resolution, and deliver results
- Inform system team leads, identify and document all project milestones and deliverables, keep project plans up to date, including resource allocations, tracking hours, monitoring schedules, milestones, deliverables, updating percentage completion, etc.
- Continuously monitor and measure project processes and activities to identify and communicate potential issues, risks, or problems in a timely fashion and provide corrective action options to drive to resolution
- Escalate schedule delays due to issues and risks
- Coach, track and manage change requests to scope
- Hands-on and be able to work directly with nominated Suppliers in ensuring key deliverables/milestones are met
- Works with both internal and external stakeholders/suppliers
- Maintains Open Issues lists and ensures effective and on time closure of such issues
- Help create formal project communication plans key project metrics and dashboards for project status communication
- Bachelor's degree or above in engineering or business management or related field
- 10+ years of proven experience in delivering complex projects in automotive or engineering industries
- Proven experience in product development, manufacturing, program management and have the ability to support change
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with body structures, underbody, or vehicle frame systems
- Proven experience managing complex stakeholder requirements and relationships
- Experience in project management including related software and tools
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.