Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
The Thermal Design Engineer will be responsible for the development and validation of components of the Thermal System of Canoo’s Lifestyle vehicle as well as future vehicles. This position requires an extremely technical oriented individual with a dynamic sense of urgency and communication skills to meet the project needs and development timing. The DRE will be fully responsible for delivering Thermal components in line with program timing. A high level of CAD skills are essential for this role.
· Develop HVAC and Cooling related components from first concept to successful production launch
· Utilization of 3D / 2D CAD & PLM Systems (Catia V6/3D Experience)
· Assist with the development of detailed GD&T, DVP&R plans, and DFMEAs
· Design and release of build to print components as well as supplier management for joint developments
· Constant improvements and optimization regarding performance, mass, and cost
· Good communication with the rest of the organization throughout the development process
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
· 3+ years of experience. Automotive HVAC and Thermal management systems preferred
· Experience with Electric Vehicle HVAC and cooling systems preferred
· Strong communication skills and proven ability to present results and recommendations to multidisciplinary teams
· Technical understanding and familiarity with automotive industry standards, including environmental, mechanical, and electrical performances
· Experience in understanding and interpreting CFD and 1D thermal simulation results
· Experience in troubleshooting and root cause analysis
· Be willing to challenge and be challenged to drive innovation
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.