If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
- Contribute to the vehicle integration engineering team
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to deliver vehicle performance, packaging, mass, cost, and timing targets
- Assist in defining and alignment of vehicle attributes to meet program goals (function, cost, weight)
- Develop the architecture and propose alternative engineering solutions for design themes and provide feedback to the design team
- Work on cross-functional teams to develop efficient designs and leading the integration of interfacing components
- Development of technical documentation such as VTS, DFMEA, DVP&Rs, and GD&T.
- Support management of deliverables for all program milestones, including cost and timing
- Support testing, prototype build, and launch activities
- Coordinate with manufacturing group on mass production assembly solutions, assembly sequence, and part feasibility
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- 12-15 years of vehicle engineering design experience (Single or multiple specialties)
- Deep understanding of automotive development milestones
- Proven history of success in meeting program objectives and milestones
- Experience with CATIA V5 to develop complex 3D surfacing and solid models, V6 Experience is preferred
- Expert knowledge of automotive architecture, packaging, product definition, and construction
- Understanding of vehicle performance criteria for multiple attributes and departments
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.