If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Graphic Designer will support in product launch communications, social media, PR, and key corporate presentations. You will create assets for the fast growing Canoo brand, work in a creative capacity. When needed you will support in power point deck development with infographics, animations and high impact graphics for key presentations. Additionally, you will support in creative that will expand the Canoo story on the website.
- Design and produce graphic design artwork to support our business development and marketing efforts using Adobe CC and other computer software packages for both print and digital platforms
- Create and presentations, proposals, brochures, eblasts, ads, promotional items and invitations within Canoo corporate branding for print or digital platforms. Generate custom designs for collateral, presentation decks and proposals inspired by our brands
- Work on additional special marketing projects
- Collaborate with our team of Designers and Marketing Specialists to share best practices and advance excellence across our team
- Work with vendors to estimate costs of marketing projects and oversee production
- May investigate, compare, and recommend local suppliers of marketing production services
- Learn and utilize our digital presentation and communication platforms to produce compelling presentations and digital collateral
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position, but may provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. Must be a team player and be willing to go the extra mile
- Other duties may be assigned
- B.A. in Art, Design or Marketing preferred with a minimum of two to five years of related experience and/or training
- 2-3 years corporate graphic design experience with an understanding of the importance of maintaining a consistent brand identity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous partnership with internal clients
- Ability to effectively present information in a graphic manner
- Strong publication layout, typographic skills and a mindset towards organization and efficiency
- Familiarity and proficiency with digital and interactive design
- Requires ability to handle large volume of work under tight deadlines
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations
- Requires basic analytical and quantitative skills
- Must have a solid grasp of fundamental concepts of print and web publishing and graphic design principles
- Strong skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Strong skills in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word. Familiarity with MS Excel
- Basic project management skills required
- Excellent time management skills required as you will be working on several projects at any given time
- Speed, efficiency, attention to detail, and organizational skills are crucial to succeeding on this team
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.