If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
- Administer and maintain equity plans, including eligibility, approvals, processing stock option and restricted stock unit awards, exercises and settlements, tax withholdings, expirations, cancellations, repurchases, terminations and other plan-related actions
- Partner with other functional leads (including in HR and Finance) to develop processes and procedures which ensure the accuracy and integrity of all equity data including all aspects of record-keeping, withholding, reporting, reconciliation and auditing
- Audit and reconcile equity activity at regular intervals to be set by Executive Management and the Board of Directors, including shares outstanding and share reserves among company records; Conduct analysis and prepare reports as requested by internal teams, including Executive Management and the Board of Directors
- Work with the Company’s stock administration vendors, including handling account openings, exercise and release activities and monitoring and troubleshooting on account questions
- Maintain accurate plan record keeping while ensuring ongoing quality control and maintenance of internal controls
- Coordinate restricted period compliance and implementation and Section 16 trading restrictions
- Coordinate and implement transition from private company equity plan to public company reporting platform
- Assist in public reporting through SEC filings that include proxy statements, quarterly and annual reports, and Section 16 reporting (e.g., Forms 3,4,5)
- Develop and maintain employee educational materials and resources on company intranet and schedule employee equity seminars; Act as the primary contact for plan-related questions from employees and the Board of Directors, including those related to vesting, settlement, withholding, expiration, exercise, and sale of shares
- Ensure SOX compliance with respect to reporting and documentation
- Regularly communicate with Payroll and Benefits to ensure proper tax withholding, accounting, and compliance
- Prepare and distribute various employee communications and FAQs related to equity
- Provide 1-1 and group support to employees and management on equity plan-related matters
- Performs other related duties related to the company’s plans
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Tax, Finance or Accounting preferred
- 5+ years of experience in public company stock plan administration
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) designation is a plus
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office applications, with advanced skills required in Excel
- Significant experience working with third-party stock plan providers, and managing data in their systems, ideally with E-Trade and Equity Edge experience
- Knowledge of insider trading rules and proficient in Section 16 filings (Forms 3, 4 and 5)
- Experience with U.S. federal and state taxation relating to equity compensation and general knowledge of global taxation
- Strong understanding of public company stock ownership and the full cycle of equity transactions- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional teams, including Legal, Benefits, Finance and Human Resources.
- Excellent project management and process orientated skills, with an ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent customer service skills
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.