If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
If you are passionate about your work making a real difference, and you want to help create the future of mobility alongside an exceptional team pushing the envelope of what’s possible with electric vehicles, we’re looking for an outstanding aerodynamics engineer like you. Our growing Aerodynamics & NVH team seeks a highly motivated, well-rounded individual with 5 years or more of applied industry experience in automotive aerodynamics – comfortable in both CFD and wind tunnel, and with a talent for developing innovative ways to overcome challenging constraints!
- Steer meetings with management, using combinations of well-presented data and positive working relationships to gain favorable outcomes for aero, range, and efficiency
- Collaborate closely with engineers from across the organization from Thermal to Powertrain to Test to Chassis to Closures and more, and - of course - our award-winning Design team
- You’ll be able to show us that you have previously taken on the lion’s share of aero work on a vehicle program and seen it through from start to finish, and you have a mindset geared towards continual improvement to processes and methodology
- Comfortably mentor more junior team members but you know there’s always more to learn yourself
- You’ll be strongly encouraged to come up with inventive ideas and push for technical excellence in your team and from those around you, and, most of all, you’ll see your ideas come to life in our products faster than you thought possible
- 7+ years of strong applied automotive aerodynamic experience, with a demonstrated senior or leading role guiding aero through a full vehicle program
- Masters or PhD in the field – proven record of an R&D mindset that pushes the product and the entire field forward
- Excellent fundamental understanding of fluid dynamics
- Experience really digging into the details of CFD software – Powerflow, Star-CCM+, OpenFoam & Paraview a bonus
- Able to communicate complex information clearly to engineers and managers – excellent visual and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with CAD surfacing (with Catia V5/6 is a bonus – any experience with Blender also a plus)
- Willingness to travel domestically (and potentially internationally) for test campaigns
- Proven ability to meet timing, budget, and output targets with good self-management – ability or willingness to lead an area and/or take ownership of attributes, and deliver
- Personal experience with designing and fabrication of test parts for vehicles
- Hands-on experience setting up and using a wide variety of aerodynamic instrumentation
- Experience managing HPC resources, and streamlining efficient inter-software processes with scripting and automation
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.