Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
The Vehicle Program Manager will be working closely with the Program Management Office and the Vehicle Program Director to help define, track, and report the status of key program deliverables.
- Work with Program Management Office in defining business processes for efficient execution of the program
- Work with the Vehicle Program Director to define milestones, deliverables, and key performance indicators for each phase of the vehicle development program
- Define, maintain, track, and publish the vehicle timeline
- Work with the Vehicle Program Director to resolve impediments for the supporting teams
- Work across Vehicle System Engineering teams to gather KPI information and build into simple dashboards for use in system team settings as well as in the vehicle program level forum
- Publish and maintain dashboard information in key reference locations
- Define, maintain, and publish the Product Definition Letter and Model Trim Spider
- Undertake program management aspects of the vehicle program from time to time as needed
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure content of BOM / Timing is always up-to-date
- Validate data and confirm it is aligned with vehicle content, assumptions, and Program milestones
- Engage with Product Planning, Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Finance teams to communicate requirements and resolve issues
- Work with System Engineering Teams to Create and Maintain Commonality tracking matrix across vehicles and platforms
- Work with Quality Team to identify Quality Risks and establish Quality Control Strategy
- Prepare executive summaries and escalate issues
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in engineering or program management in a technical environment
- Experience in program management in the automotive industry
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts)
- Proficiency using JIRA to capture and track engineering development tasks
- Experience working with 3DEXPERIENCE in a program management capacity
- Experience in a highly dynamic start-up environment
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.