If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The RADAR Design Release Engineer is responsible for leading the development and sourcing of the radars used in the driver assistance system and to ensure the products satisfy all requirements. The radar sensors are key components for the Canoo L2.5 driver assistance system.
- Capture system requirements from all stakeholders and translate into a technical specification. Technical specification shall guide and glue together HW and SW requirements maintaining linkages to the system requirements
- Guide the documentation to support technical robustness of design (Worst Case Analysis, Circuit Simulations, DFMEA, Functional Safety Analysis)
- Work with all engineering disciplines to ensure final product meets all technical and commercial requirements
- Work with commercial teams (Programs, Supply Chain) to ensure cost targets and schedules are met. Be the main technical point of contact between suppliers and all engineering disciplines
- Work with test and validation team to verify functional operation to technical specification
- Work with all stakeholders to integrate final design in vehicle or subsystem
- Assist in the development of detailed DVP&R plans, including statistical confidence intervals
- Ensure all product issues are identified, logged, tracked, and resolved during each testing phase
- Good communication with the rest of the organization when issues/failures arise
- Experience with automotive electronics development standards
- Experience with automotive radars, preferably 77GHz
- Technical understanding and familiarity with automotive industry standards that covers environmental, mechanical, electrical aspects of validation
- Familiarity with CAN, CAN-FD, Ethernet communications and the tools used to interface with them
- Hands-On experience working with electronic/electric systems and all traditional lab equipment (DMM, Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzers, Power Supplies)
- Excellent aptitude in C++, python, simulation tools to collect, analyze and predict radar performance in the vehicle
- Experienced in troubleshooting and root cause analysis
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.