If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
As an Engineer within Canoo's Interior Team you will be responsible for design from concept to production, release and launch of components, systems and sub-systems for future vehicle programs. You will be a key player within the team that creates and executes world-class Interior in terms of craftsmanship, form & function.
- Concept Engineering & feasibility
- Packaging & layout within vehicle architecture
- Design Interior Trim system targets for Craftsmanship, function, cost and weight
- Participate in the process with Design / Studio department
- Detail Design including GD&T
- Complete and release component & sub system design, utilizing a mix of in-house design and supplier engineering where required
- Work with suppliers to develop component and sub-system to meet all weight, cost, durability, and performance targets and to support overall vehicle development milestones and prototype/production build events
- Collaborate with cross functional teams within Canoo's Vehicle Engineering
- Responsible for technical documentation to include DFMEAs, DVP&R’s
- Bachelor’s in mechanical engineering with 5+ years of experience or equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Automotive engineering experience with components in the Interior Trim environment, using CATIA V5 / V6
- Experience designing a variety of materials
- Expertise with the latest manufacturing technologies and feasibility execution to achieve systems requirements and world-class craftsmanship/performance targets
- Strong working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering
- Strong familiarity with the development of specifications, DFMEAs, DVP&R’s and other technical documents
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.