If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
Fully responsible for the supply chain function within the assigned area. Develops sourcing strategies for assigned commodities, based on thorough industry research, supplier research, and collaboration with Canoo team members. In collaboration with peer commodity managers and Supply Chain leadership, standardizes and continuously improves systems to ensure consistency, efficiency, and compliance within the Supply Chain group. Develops strategies for negotiations with Suppliers and steers negotiations to achieve Canoo goals. Engages with key members of Supplier Management to inspire management support of Canoo. Directs activities of area Buyers to execute strategies and supports Buyers in problem resolution. Works with area Project Manager to develop & execute strategies to meet project schedules and financial targets. This position requires knowledge of Procurement and Manufacturing practices as well as the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Represents Canoo to Supplier Management and engages directly with Supplier Management on high-level issues such as negotiation and problem resolution
- Acts as Supply Chain leader for assigned area, responsible for collaboration with Canoo team members and leadership, including responsibility to report to leadership and escalate critical issues
- Conducts analysis, research, collaboration, and networking to the extent necessary to develop meaningful strategies for sourcing of assigned commodities. Presents strategies to peers and leadership, establishes consensus and support
- Applies knowledge of best practices to collaborate with peer commodity managers and Supply Chain leadership in the implementation and ongoing improvement of supply chain processes and procedures
- Formulates strategies for negotiations, implements, and manages the same as primary Canoo representative
- Dynamically adjust strategies to achieve Canoo goals
- Cultivates relationships with Supplier management to create and maintain positive standing and ensure Supplier support
- Directs and supports area Buyers in the execution of sourcing strategies, RFI/RFQ process, and Supplier management
- Provides support and intervention for escalated issues including conflict resolution
- Collaborates with area Project Manager to jointly ensure the achievement of project schedules and financial targets in the assigned area
- Extensive knowledge of Procurement principles with emphasis on strategic sourcing, negotiation, and finance
- Knowledge of Supply chain management, logistics, and international trade
- Knowledge of EV and Automotive supply base
- Knowledge of materials, products, manufacturing processes, and market conditions in area of specialization
- Skill in both verbal and written communication, including management and executive engagement
- Skill in complex communications such as negotiation and problem resolution
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 8 years of Procurement and Strategic Sourcing experience; Or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with Lighting and Switches
- Exceptional work ethic and a commitment to excellence and data-guided judgment
- Works well on projects on their own as well as with a team, able to clearly communicate ideas
- Ability to direct the work of others, including accountability and recognition
- Self-motivated, able to be accountable for their own work and for the work of others functioning under their direction
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start-up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.