If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Joining Technology, Fastener, Joints, and Materials Engineer will serve as the subject matter pro for Canoo in these areas and will additionally be responsible for coordinating hardware selection and optimization, library management, interfacing with our suppliers and manufacturing department, and serve as the Design Responsible Engineer for the fasteners and materials.
- Will be the Design Responsible Engineer (DRE) for the fasteners, joining technology and materials commodities throughout their entire lifecycle
- The scope of the role will include projects at any stage of a program lifecycle (series production, prototype, etc.) as well as non-program specific R&D
- Must work well across all teams within the organization and balance priorities between all stakeholders
- Responsible for setting part mass, cost, and attribute targets
- Create fastener 3D and drawings and release them via Canoo's Catia V6 and Enovia systems
- Build and maintain libraries for fasteners, adhesives, and materials via Canoo's Catia V6 and Enovia systems
- Establish and deploy best practices and standards pertaining to your commodity
- Engage in and steer cross-functional design reviews pertaining to your commodity
- Build a solid bond with the Manufacturing Team and be one of the voices for DFM initiatives
- Perform torque calculations and analysis, then guide other DRE's in the design of their parts with the results
- Perform technical sign-off on all joints throughout the entire vehicle
- Validate requirements for critical joints
- Verify the performance of parts within you commodity in the field
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in either automotive, aerospace, or hi-tech mechanical design and development
- A deep understanding of the core principles of your commodity
- Have developed, from cradle to grave, parts or technologies pertaining to your commodity
- Experience with CATIA V5 (V6 preferred)
- Experience creating CAD of both the parts pertaining to your commodity and interfacing with neighboring components in assemblies
- Experience creating 2D drawings the parts pertaining to your commodity
- Have in-depth knowledge of automotive product development, including creating requirements, DVPs, DFMEA, GD&T, component, and vehicle testing and other fundamental system engineering principles
- Has demonstrated the ability to get projects complete from ideation, to sourcing to product launches
- Has demonstrated the knowledge of manufacturing processes pertaining to commercial or passenger vehicles
- Ability to navigate the complexities of a start-up and deliver projects on time, at cost, and at quality standards that are expected in the automotive space
- Excellent awareness of financial and commercial considerations
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- PC literate and proficient with the use of MS Office products
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start-up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.