If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
We are looking for a Battery Controls Engineer with experience in battery management systems, algorithm development, and embedded controls implementation. The engineer will work closely with other members of propulsion system controls team to develop controls for an electric vehicle propulsion system for multiple vehicle variants.
- Design, development, implementation, and testing of control and estimation algorithms for battery management system
- Specification and development of requirements for controls/software functions in vehicle
- Unit testing of control software components in MiL/SiL environment
- Documentation of algorithm development, testing results, and integration of the documentation within the relevant tools
- Support to battery pack development testing
- Support to vehicle development testing
- In-vehicle or on-bench troubleshooting of identified issues
- Provide feedback and assistance to cross-functional teams including: software test, vehicle/component test, and systems engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field: electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, software engineering
- Good understanding of battery physics - modeling, parameter fitting,
- Understanding of methodologies for State of Charge, State of Health, Power Availability
- Familiarity with battery system diagnostics
- Experience using Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow for control algorithm development for real time implementation
- Good understanding of electric vehicle powertrains and EV components: batteries, motors, power conversion
- Knowledge of classic and modern control techniques including PID controller, state space observer, and control methods, Kalman filter, etc.
- Basic knowledge of embedded C
- Familiarity with testing tools like model in the loop (MIL), software in the loop (SIL), hardware in the loop (HIL), and/or power hardware in the loop (PHIL)
- Master’s degree in relevant field: electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, software engineering
- Familiarity with test automation tools and integration of test cases
- Basic knowledge of communication interfaces like CAN, LIN, Ethernet
- Experience with debugging tools like CANape and CANalyzer
- Good troubleshooting skills and understanding at the system level (electrical propulsion system including gearing, powertrain controls, and battery system)
- Experience with software versioning systems such as SVN/Git
- Experience with requirements/traceability tools such as DOORS, PREEVision, and Polarion
- Functional safety related qualifications (ISO26262) are a plus
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and good documentation skills
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.