If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Reporting and Compliance Manager will be responsible for all SEC filings and compliance matters.
Responsibilities & Goals:
- Develop and own the process for the Company’s public filings
- Prepare 10Qs and 10Ks ensuring timely and accurate filings to include all supporting documentation (Balance Sheet, Statement of Operations, Cash Flow, Statement of Equity, Footnotes, and MD&A)
- Maintain the Equity rollforward ensuring accurate reflection of all outstanding stock, stock options, restricted stock, and stock compensation
- Prepare the financial tables for press releases
- Work with the Company’s external auditors to ensure filings are in compliance with all requirements
- Develop and own the Company’s SOX compliance program
- Provide support and education to process owners to ensure they are aware and prepared for audit timing and testing
- Ensure narratives and key controls are updated and accurate reflecting all current processes
- Maintain the controls matrix and manage gaps
- Bachelors or Master’s in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certificate required
- Big 4 experience preferred and at least 5 years of industry experience
- Experience with Oracle or Oracle Fusion is a plus
- Experience in manufacturing or hardware business is a plus
- Knowledge of the automotive industry is a plus
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start-up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.