Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
Evaluates, selects, and manages Suppliers for serial production commodities of a specialized and complex nature. Conducts research and analysis necessary to recommend sourcing strategies. Executes sourcing strategies to maximize opportunity, efficiency and cost effectiveness. Engages Suppliers to cultivate relationships and to maintain positive standing in industry. Manages RFI/RFQ process including preparation of all requirements and Statements of Work. Analyse supplier proposals in comparison to success criteria and applicable benchmarks. Negotiates cost and terms. Monitors Supplier performance and manages gaps. This position requires knowledge of Procurement and Manufacturing principles as well as the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Conducts research of market conditions and relevant SWOT analysis to gather data for strategic planning
- Investigates technology roadmaps of industry and key suppliers to anticipate opportunities
- Recommends & executes commodity sourcing strategies
- Identifies Supplier candidates, establishes relationship to facilitate quoting process
- Organizes and leads Technical Review meetings with candidate Suppliers and Canoo Engineering, resolves disconnect in specifications between candidates
- Prepares comprehensive RFI/RFQ packages and manages RFI/RFQ process to ensure accuracy
Works with Supplier candidates and internal team to achieve best total landed cost
- Works with Canoo team members to construct approval package for leadership consideration, including objective evaluation of key elements such as cost, quality & delivery
- Visits Suppliers to conduct on-site negotiations and business review meetings
- Audit tooling and unit costs through review of supplier evidence & through on-site visitation
- Recommends cost reduction targets, negotiates annual productivity cost reductions, conducts VA/VE review with Supplier and Canoo team members and drives results
- Tracks, monitors and updates material sourcing agreements as per pre-negotiated mechanisms
- Manage material sourcing agreement in Oracle
- Monitors suppliers’ performance and works with Supplier and Canoo team members to escalate issues and quickly resolve gaps
- Reviews ECR's during program development and in production, assess competitiveness and negotiates
- Knowledge of Procurement principles including strategic sourcing and legal aspects of purchasing.
- Knowledge of EV and Automotive supply base
- Knowledge of materials, products, manufacturing processes and market conditions in area of specialization
- Skill in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications and bids
- Skill in both verbal and written communication
- Skill in complex communications such as negotiation and problem resolution
- Skill in construction and utilization of cost models in commercial negotiation
- Ability to analyze supplier's cost breakdown and to judge competitiveness
- Ability to prepare for and directly negotiate commercial agreements such as Statements of Work
- Ability to benchmark processes for efficiency and cost
- Experience with Oracle/SAP ERP, Excel (Advanced), MS officesuite
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 8 years of Procurement experience; Or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with Automotive / Electric Vehicle Commodities
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and data-driven decision making
- Works well on projects on their own as well as with a team, able to clearly communicate ideas
- Self-driven with a concentration on execution. Accountable for their own work
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.