If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Embedded Software Engineer will develop real time low level embedded software for power conversion systems and communications. This position will be responsible for the design and development of software for embedded control of inverter, DC-DC converter and On Board Charger for Canoo’s electric vehicles.
- Design, develop, implement, debug and maintain embedded real-time software for power conversion ECUs
- Develop code for control algorithms and communication
- Develop documentation and test plans for software
- Investigate, debug and modify existing code
- Work with HW engineers to test, debug and validate FW on bench
- Develop standard and custom communication protocols for new systems
- Develop power electronics FW from concept to post-production
- MS or PhD In Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of embedded programming design experience for switched mode power converters
- Fluent in C
- Ability to code in Assembly
- Proficient with micro-controller IDE design/development tools
- Thorough understanding of software development practices and associated tools
- Experience in real-time operating systems
- Understanding of AC-DC and DC-DC operation and digital control loops
- Ability to follow circuit schematics and PCB layout drawings
- Experience in standard lab equipment such as power analyzer, oscilloscopes, frequency response analyzer to use for validating and debugging FW
- Experience with ST 32-bit microcontroller platforms
- Experience developing device drivers, control systems, and communications protocols
- Experience with CAN, SPI, I2C, RS-232, 802.11x, and TCP/IP protocols
- Automotive experience
- Good understanding of design for manufacturing, quality control, and FMEA
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.