Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
- Design and develop Closures Mechanisms that meet vehicle requirements (function, cost, weight, performance)
- Contribute to design development including part ownership, CAD development including drawings, and part releases
- Design, develop and integrate mechanical and electro-mechanical systems by utilizing kinematics and joint studies for systems such as latches, window regulators, hinges, check-straps and liftgate actuators
- Work with cross-functional teams (Studio, Manufacturing, BIW, CIW, Quality) to develop efficient designs and integrate interfacing components
- Coordinate with the low voltage and controls teams on electrical architecture and integration along with controls strategies.
- Design systems that meet all performance and attribute targets for the vehicle
- Interact with CAE team, interpret results and lead countermeasures to meet all Regulatory, Safety, NVH, Deflection and Durability requirements
- Support supplier sourcing and management activities along with setting expectations and deliverables including issue tracking and resolution
- Develop DFMEA, DVP&Rs and GD&T documentation
- Support testing and launch activities including development and execution of tests to support development
- Conduct technical design reviews with cross-functional teams
- Support functional safety assessments (ISO 26262)
- Engineering Degree with 6+ years industry experience
- 3+ years of Mechanisms Design and Release experience
- Experience integrating electromechanical systems from initial concept through launch
- Knowledge of mechanisms construction solutions including Injection Molding, Stamping, Extrusions, Forgings and Castings along with corresponding design practices
- Development of complex 3D CAD in Catia V5 or V6 along with release and PLM experience
- Ability to work well in cross-functional groups under pressure to develop optimal solutions for the vehicle
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple objectives to meet program milestones on time
- Excellent communication skills
- CAD Capability: Minimum 4 years Catia V5 experience preferably from concept phase through launch
- GD&T understanding and implementation
- CAE simulation experience is a plus
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.