If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Finance Analyst is a key member of the Finance team, providing support to various functional areas within Canoo. This position involves establishing and maintaining working relationships with engineers, buyers, and managers to gather detailed input for forecasts and budgets, and to support management with analysis and reporting.
- Lead forecast of resource requirements for business groups, including headcount, capital, and operating expenses
- Work with business partners to understand processes and develop driver-based forecasts
- Partner with accounting for period close analysis and group level reporting
- Provide insight on spending variances and project level reporting to business partners
- Coordinate capital expenditure tracking and related cash forecast across engineering teams
- Support program management team on the BOM cost consolidation and analysis
- Develop business models to determine “make vs. buy” decisions for manufacturing
- Update weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial reports, including budget against actuals, and variance analysis for the specific departments or projects assigned
- Update engineering projects’ financial forecasts to provide best cashflow estimates
- Work with engineering and purchasing teams to maintain the BOM cost forecast and cost improvement roadmap
- Work with accounting and within finance to ensure purchase orders are appropriately accounted for by engineering project and department
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, business, or engineering
- Experience in the finance function, with responsibilities in forecasting, analysis, and reporting
- Excel modeling experience
- Experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) databases and Structured Query Language (SQL) programming
- PowerBI, or proficiency in other visual reporting tools
- Willing (and excited) to roll up their sleeves to dig through data, build ground up excel models, and do the work
- Comfortable interacting with people of various backgrounds and levels – from first-year analysts to senior executives, sales, engineering, legal, etc.
- Detail-oriented and data-driven, but can also understand the big picture and strategic elements of proposals
- Resourceful and can figure out solutions where there may not be clear-cut systems or established methodologies
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.