If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
You would be responsible to create engineering BOMs, setup all vehicle configurations, variants and options, conduct data analysis, and find ways to make operations more efficient. The role is responsible for having a high level of interaction across all departments to ensure the completion of the bill of materials in a timely, efficient, and detailed manner.
Responsibilities & Goals:
- Be the voice of the whole vehicle, balancing needs and concerns from all stakeholders as well as vehicle-level considerations (safety, NVH, ergonomics, electrical performance, design, thermal performance, water and dirt management, cost, mass, etc.)
- Responsible for creating Bills of Materials and maintaining existing Bills of Materials in Canoo's PLM system.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the Bills of Materials.
- Become fully competent in using the Bill of Materials maintenance and reports in PLM system
- Work with Program Managers, Purchasing, Engineering, and Manufacturing teams to ensure that the BOM has the correct structure as well as the correct components and quantities in the PLM system
- Become proficient in setting up new options and/or create rules to support various build configurations.
- Assist Purchasing and Engineering as needed in building and/or troubleshooting BOM costs.
- Support engineering and prototype staff during the design and prototype phase of new product development
- Assist in the physical integration of components into the vehicle
- The scope of the role will include projects at any stage of a program lifecycle (series production, prototype, etc.) as well as non-program specific development
- Support vehicle-wide and zone-specific design reviews
- Generate concerns in issue management software (JIRA) and track them through to completion
- Interface with all engineering and business groups within Canoo (Design, vehicle attributes, UI/UX, Studio Engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, etc.)
- Develop and deploy release, change management, configuration, issue tracking or other PLM-related processes - then train users on said processes and troubleshoot any issues
- Develop and execute new reporting methods for vehicle- level metrics or key performance indicators
- Administer and process clash checks, release reviews, engineering change requests, and any other PLM-related process
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant technical discipline
- Over 5 years of experience in the automotive or aerospace industries
- Experience with PLM Systems, specifically Enovia
- Experience with vehicle Bills of Material
- Experience with designing and releasing parts
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with CATIA V5 (V6 preferred)
- Have knowledge of automotive product development, including creating requirements, DVPs, DFMEA, GD&T, component and vehicle testing and other fundamental system engineering principles
- Has demonstrated the ability to get projects complete from ideation, to sourcing to product launches.
- Has demonstrated the knowledge of manufacturing processes pertaining to commercial or passenger vehicles
- Ability to navigate the complexities of a start-up and deliver projects on time, at cost, and at quality standards that are expected in the automotive space.
- Strong awareness of financial and commercial considerations
- PC literate and proficient with the use of MS Office products.
- Team building and mentoring experience.
- Proven Thinker
- High attention to detail
- Have a Fearless Can-do attitude
- Hands On
- Excellent Collaboration and Communication skills
- Takes full ownership of tasks
- Be able to work independently, with yourself alone for guidance
- Be willing to challenge and be challenged to drive innovation.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary caregiver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start-up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.