If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
As a member of the CANOO Power Electronics design team, you will be responsible for developing and practicing finite element analysis. You will be fully integrated with the Product Design engineers from the earliest stages, analyzing and optimizing the design of cutting-edge CANOO power electronic systems. You will also work with teams to develop and perform tests to validate your analysis. The experience you gain through this internship will be broad, and helpful in preparing you for other fast-paced work environments.
This is a paid internship for Summer 2021 with an option to start on May 24, 2021 or June 21, 2021 and an option to end on August 13, 2021 or September 10, 2021.
- Create FEA models of power electronic systems, in an expedited and quality manner
- Conduct structural analysis (Static and Dynamic)
- Work with testing team to build correlation between CAE simulation and testing results
- Currently pursuing or recently completed Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or Aerospace engineering
- Solid fundamental knowledge of mechanics of materials
- Solid background in Finite Element Analysis, static and dynamic analysis
- Capability to develop analytical method in the support of design
- Hands on Experience using Finite Element Analysis software, such as Hypermesh, ABAQUS, ANSYS
- Attention to detail
- Good time management habits, ability to multi-task, ability to sustain focus on long tasks
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
- Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, teamwork, creativity
- Enjoy a team environment and also flexible enough to work independently where needed
- Previous engineering internships, co-op experiences, or work experience in the automotive industry
- Hands on experience on testing
- Knowledge of EV and design of power electronic systems
- Capable and comfortable contributing to the creation of an outstanding team
What’s cool about our internship program
- Work with some of the most innovative minds in the EV industry
- Work closely with leaders working on LIVE projects in the EV industry
- Build long lasting relationships in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- Take a big step towards your future career
- Lots of team-building and networking opportunities (even remotely)
- All Internships are PAID internships
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.