If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The Corporate & Securities Paralegal will support the legal team on all matters including corporate governance, securities filings, commercial contracts, human resources, intellectual property, etc. We are seeking a candidate with experience in public company matters, the ideal candidate for this role will be intellectually curious, with a desire to learn and support in a wide variety of areas.
- Support and manage the preparation of ’34 Act Filings and Section 16 reporting, including Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Proxy Statements, Form 3 and Form 4
- Support various corporate governance matters, including assistance of production of materials for Board of Directors meetings, committee meetings and other Board matters
- Support general corporate governance, including agendas, minutes, resolutions and other materials
- Assist with the preparation and administration of commercial contracts, including non-disclosure agreements and automotive supplier engagements
- Support the administration of the Company’s policies and procedures including insider trading policies and related matters such as restricted periods and designation of employees restricted from trading
- Support due diligence efforts and follow-on compliance as needed
- Collaborate with other departments for compensation and benefit matters, including the Company’s equity incentive plans
- Review and manage the Company’s local, state, national and international requirements for business operations and qualifications to do business
- Maintain working knowledge of SEC and Nasdaq governance requirements
- Research and analyze corporate governance items and track industry precedent and emerging trends
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in an ever-changing environment
- Bachelors degree and/or a paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program
- 6+ years of corporate paralegal experience
- Outstanding writing skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced non environment
- Ability to communicate succinctly in writing and draft correspondence relating to business and legal matters
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness and desire to take on new challenges – identify a need and find and carry out a solution
- Positive attitude and a desire to be part of a strong, supportive team
- Proficient with SEC filing software
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 12+ years of corporate paralegal experience
- At least 4+ years of in-house corporate paralegal experience at a public company
- Licensed notary public
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.