Canoo has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that defies traditional ownership to put customers first. Distinguished by its experienced team – totaling over 500 employees from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space and adaptable to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
This position will support Canoo by leading all activities necessary to obtain electric vehicle emissions certification, range and other legal submission requirements for the U.S. and European markets. Will lead all interactions with industry associations and regulators on the modifications of existing and development of new regulations and procedures.
- Provide technical support regarding emissions and OBD certification and compliance requirements
- Support agency In Use Test (IUT) orders
- Support dynamometer measurement and testing
- Support OBD monitor demonstration testing
- Lead activities to obtain approval of changes to existing products
- Lead the processing of emissions and OBD data and support data preparation for submission to the relevant authorities
- Create and submit required emission and vehicle compliance applications to regulatory agencies to ensure vehicle emission certification
- Prepare and deliver technical reports and presentations for status reviews and project signoffs
- Primary contact for interface with regulators (EPA, Carb and EU approval authorities)
- Experience leading engineering teams and large projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or another related field
- 10 years’ experience delivering full emissions programs with direct management throughout all stages of the process
- Experience working with emissions regulatory authorities (EPA and CARB)
- Teamwork skills including collaboration with industry representatives to define and secure common interests. Establish relationships with external organizations to support Canoo’s interests
- Possessing strong oral and written communication skills to inform, persuade and negotiate
- Ability to break down lengthy industry and legal documents. Create summaries for efficient communications within Canoo
- Must take the initiative in the absence of defined procedures to achieve all certification and compliance requirements on time and meeting all internal and external requirements
- Experience with U.S. and other global market certification and compliance
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.