If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
The IT Senior Software Engineer uses various programming languages to develop, improve, test and/or maintain software that meets user needs. They mentor other software engineers, lead small development teams and act as an application owner. The Senior Software Engineer takes a lead role in design and code reviews, assists with delivery estimates and provides feedback about all aspects of the process.
- Design, develop or modify software and/or software systems by using various programming languages depending on the product and also taking the service architecture into consideration
- Modify existing software to fix errors, improve the overall quality and functionality, or update integrations with other software
- Analyze user needs to determine how software should be built or if existing software should be modified
- Develop and/or perform software automated testing procedures, solutions and frameworks to ensure software functions as needed
- Translate business requirements and specifications into usable and scalable software
- Process and understand capabilities and limitations of data outputs from the software
- Understand and assist with the technical infrastructure of an application or system
- Troubleshoot performance issues
- Lead design and code reviews
- Lead delivery estimates
- Determine and execute the software deployment process
- Anticipate and communicate blockers, delays and cost ballooning within the team’s projects before they require escalation
- Ensure expectations with the team and external stakeholders are clarified between all parties involved
- Mentor other software engineers
- Look for security vulnerabilities in coding
- Participate in discussions about the team’s future vision and strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in DevOps, including CI/CD and test automation
- 5 years of experience interacting with Message Queue Systems
- 5 years of experience in software testing and design
- 5 years of experience in database management as it relates to software development
- Experience with Oracle ERP a plus
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Incentive Plan
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.